Last revised: June 7, 2017
Before using our Site or providing information to us, please carefully review this Privacy Statement. By using our Site, including registering for an account or accessing our Site, you agree that we may collect, process and use your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, as revised from time to time.
What’s Contained in this Privacy Statement
- Highlights of Our Practices
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Interest Based Advertising
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Communications
- Websites Not Covered by this Statement
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Contacting Us
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
Highlights of Our Practices
This section is intended to provide you with a basic overview of the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement. For complete details on our practices, please read this entire Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect:
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you fill out a registration or contact form or email us;
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our Site, such as information on how you were referred to our Site and what you do on our Site; and
- Information from third parties, such as our vendors, advertising networks and business partners as well as social networks in which you participate.
How We Use Your Information:
We use the information we collect to fulfill your requests, conduct transactions with you, communicate with you about our Site, manage our Site, and conduct research and analysis.
- We and other parties may display behaviorally targeted advertising to you across the Internet based on your use of our Site.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third party marketers.
- We may combine all the information we collect about you.
How We Share Your Information:
We may share your information:
- With our third-party service providers and business partners that assist or support our business operations, such as fulfillment, research, advertising, marketing and technology;
- With our affiliates and third-party business partners for research, analysis and other purposes, but not for their direct marketing purposes;
- With other parties in a form that does not identify you;
- If all or part of our business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend our or other parties’ rights, safety and property; and
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
- If you have opted in to receive communications from us, we may send you emails, text messages or other communications containing news and other information.
- You can stop receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in such communication.
- We may participate in interest-based advertising initiatives that result in advertisements targeted to you based on your online behavior. You can learn more about what interest-based advertising is running on our Site and how to opt-out by visiting the opt-out pages of the Digital Advertising Alliance and Network Advertising Initiative.
What Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information about you, including:
- We may collect personal information through your use of our Site, such as when you register for our Site, subscribe to receive our communications, contact us with questions or comments, connect with us through social networks, submit user generated content or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- This personal information can include data attributes like your full name, username, password, email address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth and other information you may provide to us,. It may also include other personally identifiable information we have collected from you, such as your demographics, interests, household or lifestyle information and your browsing, downloading and other internet activity. Additionally, it may include a resume or curriculum vitae or other information you submitted in connection with a job or internship application or inquiry.
- We also collect information that is publicly available or provided by third parties. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites. We may also purchase or obtain data from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
- In some instances, we may combine information you’ve provided us with other information about you, such as combining your name with your geographic location or your browsing or purchasing history. We also may combine personal information with information we receive about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available demographic or profile information about you from third parties, receive device information from mobile applications or advertisements or match your profile with information about you provided by retailers or data brokers.
Device information we collect through our Properties:
- Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit one of our Properties, along with the time of the visit, the page(s) that were visited and other information related to your visit. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Site. If you accessed our Site using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
- Cookies and similar technologies: A “Cookie” is a small text file containing a random and unique alphanumeric identifier that our Site may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables our systems to recognize your browser. We employ technologies like Cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixel or Internet tag technologies to uniquely identify your account, or the IP address associated with your Internet device. We also permit third parties to gather information on our websites, including for advertising purposes, through these technologies, as described below. Cookies and the other technologies mentioned above provide information related to the ways consumers interact with our advertising or our Site, like browser type, browsing behaviors, user web requests, pages and content viewed, the number of new visits or log-ins, search engine referral, affiliate referrals and traffic driven by banner ads or other promotions. These technologies can contain or store personal and other information (such as if you have previously registered on our Site or consented to the retention of certain personal information) and allow web browser servers to recognize return visits to our Site and improve web browsing navigation or the quality and delivery of certain features or customized content through our Site. Some Cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your computer or Internet device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. You can set your computer or Internet device to accept or reject most Cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a Cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Site may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
- Flash LSOs: We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations, including to recognize you and remember your preferences or other details about your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the support page for your Flash player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your computer now, go to your Flash player’s Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- Third-party applications and APIs: We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces (API), gadgets, extensions that are hosted on our Site or through other third party websites, or social networking platforms. When you participate in these services, products, applications, or otherwise connect with, or “accept” or “allow” third party applications, networks, platforms or services through our Properties and/or one of our services or products, you are authorizing those third parties to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. Any personal or other information we receive by these means will be treated and/or processed according to this Privacy Statement.
- Location data: With your consent, our Site may capture and record certain precise geo-location or global positioning data from your device in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Site. If we combine any location information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Analytical and statistical information we collect through our Properties:
- De-identified information: We may conduct surveys and otherwise collect information that does not uniquely identify any individual. This might include demographic information like age and income range, gender, education, household size and marital status, as well as information from which identifying particulars have been removed. If this information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose such information for any purpose.
- Website analytics: We may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this Privacy Statement above to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Properties.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes such as to:
- complete transactions you have requested;
- respond to or follow-up on your comments, inquiries and other requests;
- deliver targeted advertising, communications, or content;
- conduct research and analysis related to our content or Site;
- improve our content or Site and tailor them to your usage or preferences;
- communicate with you about subscriptions, promotions or other matters which you have registered or for which you have requested information;
- implement social networking features you have activated;
- publish your comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features;
- communicate with you about your account or your use of our Site;
- if you have opted-in to receive news, special offers or other information from us by email or text message, send you promotional messages we think will be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive these direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of such communications by the methods describe in the “Opting Out of Communications” section below.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. From time to time, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers and other third-party business partners (and their service providers), such as to conduct research and/or analysis or to allow us to better understand your interests, activities, demographics and profile.
We will require these parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and will not authorize them to use the personal information we provide for their direct marketing purposes (as defined the California “Shine the Light” Law, California Civil Code §§ 1798.83) unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in or opt-out of such disclosure.
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers, such as technology and technical support providers, advertising companies, customer service providers, e-commerce providers, credit card processers and research and analytics providers. However, we do not authorize these third parties’ to use your data for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties or use that information for their direct marketing purposes.
We may share aggregated, statistical or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our Site or the number of people who have read a particular article.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request and receive certain information about a company’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use, and your choices with respect to such disclosures. Because we do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing use unless you are first given the opportunity to opt-in or out, we are exempt from this requirement. If you still wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement, please contact us.
We may place or recognize a unique Cookie on your browser when you visit our Site for purposes of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising”). We may also allow third-party companies to place their own Cookies on your browser when you visit our Site, so that they can collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different sites and serve customized advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. These advertising companies may participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance. As part of this program, targeted advertisements may be delivered with “AdChoices” icons that help you understand how data about you is being used and provide you with the ability to opt out of such behaviorally targeted advertising. Please click here to learn more about your choices with respect to interest-based advertising. From a mobile device, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” website to download a free app that allows you to set preferences for data collection and use across mobile apps. To learn more about the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) by visiting the opt-out page on the NAI website. While some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and our Site is not currently set up to respond to these signals. However, you have various choices and options as described in this Privacy Statement regarding advertising and marketing communications.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. If you have created an online account on f our Site and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the Site to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information. You may also contact us directly to request access or updates to your information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter you receiveIf you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing communications using the above method, please contact us directly.
Our Site may contain links or references to other websites or services that are managed by third parties or that are managed by us but contain a different privacy statement. This Privacy Statement governs only information that we collect through our websites and services that link to this Privacy Statement, and not to websites, services or applications that do not link to this Privacy Statement or that are maintained and controlled by other companies or organizations, including third party websites linked to from our Site, as well as communications from third parties that reference our company or products.
This Privacy Statement also does not cover the “offline” collection of information by us unless you have been notified that this Privacy Statement applies at the time of collection.The inclusion of a link or reference on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates. Websites may contain our name, logos, products or other branding even though they are actually operated by third parties that may or may not have a relationship with us. Therefore, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every service, application, or website you visit or interact with.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Site and should not provide their personal information to us.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country in which we engage service providers. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
Please direct any inquiries related to this Privacy Statement or personal information we have collected about you to our General Counsel by sending us an email.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our practices, technology, legal requirements and other factors. Please check the “Last Revised” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on this page unless otherwise noted. Your use of out Sitefollowing these changes indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Statement.
/ 10 hours ago
Right-hander Clark Cota is the latest Oakland A's draft pick from UNC-Wilmington.
/ 5 days ago
Left-hander Brandon Marsonek reached High-A in his pro debut season. After struggling with Stockton,...
/ 7 days ago
Joseph Pena flashed his versatility, patience and speed during his pro debut. Donald Moore...
/ 2 weeks ago
The Oakland A’s will have an additional Arizona Rookie League team, as well as...